July 20, 2007

Tablescapes

So I realize this post is more of a holiday theme, but frankly, Harry Potter comes out tonight and I don't have much time to be creative here. My goal with this blog is to do a post every Friday, alternating between baking, parties, crafts, and recipies. So this week I want to show off some of my crafty skills. Sadly most of my recent projects are on my camera and I am waaaay too lazy to do something about that right now. So, in the mean time, I'll show off my last two holiday tables.

Here is Thanksgiving at home:

I took little white and orange pumpkins, slathered sme of them in glue and glitter, and hallowed others out to be candle holders. We used them at work, for our thanksgiving potluck too:


At Easter I got a little more crafty. I folded up my napkins to look like bunnies:

My "placemats" were actually green paper squares, which I placed over a strip of green ribbon. I just used some tacky putty to keep it in place. The runner was the same green ribbon, with a pin candles, and a centerpiece of pink daisies and limes.

I don't expect much oohing and ahhing over this post, but I swear - next week will be better! Now I'm off to take a nap before my midnight run to buy Harry Potter. I fully intend to make an all nighter out of this! (And yes, I recognize that this makes me a giant geek!)

No comments: