November 09, 2007

Fall Treats

Here are a few fall themed treats I have whipped up over the last month or so.

Carmel Apple Slices:
I doesn't get much simpler than this - sliced apples dipped in carmel and rolled in nuts. For a little variety, try drizzling chocolate on top!

Chocolate Mousse in Phyllo CupsI piped this homemade rich chocolate mousse into store bought phyllo cups.

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes:

As you know, i love cheesecake! And more than that - I love individual deserts! What better way to celebrate my love of these two things than combing them! Instead of a traditional crust, I just use store bought cookies as the crust (they are the perfect size!). I use gingersnaps for these, then made my pumpkin cheesecake and finished them off with a sour cream topping and a sprinkling of Cinnamon and nutmeg.

Apple Spice Cheesecake:This a 6 inch cheesecake, so not quite full size, but not individual sized either. I made a gingersnap crust using crushed cookies and melted butter, then pressed into the pan. The cheesecake is a simple plain cheesecake with Cinnamon and nutmeg stirred in. I layered the cheesecake with thinly sliced apples that I cooked up on the stove with butter, sugar, and Cinnamon. After baking, I arranged more thinly sliced cooked apples on top and drizzled with the sugary butter syrup that was left over from cooking the apples.

No comments: